Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Well it finally happened.....

As most of you know, I've been doing exceptionally well in getting this far without getting injured in some shape or form. However all good things must come to an end and this was in a very bizarre and interesting way to get injured, but it still hurts like you won't believe.
Having Roz here meant that we all got into gear a bit and started seeing the sights, so we spent three days out on the Great Barrier Reef, diving, snorkelling, singing sea shanties and drinking rum in true pirate fashion. However the "well" equipped instructors didn't have a pair of flippers in my size! It was still awesome but still, I have average sized feet! They aren't like Sam who is the elephant man. They are just normal uncomplicated feet. Now however they are not soo uncomplicated as the blisters I got from the flippers have all become infected and hurt more than Rob's singing voice in your ears (only joking Rob!).

So I had to break my good record and go and see a doctor last night. He was a nice chap until he pulled a needle the size of my arm (scrawny though it is) and proceeded to stab it into the wounds in my foot. Arse
I'm not ashamed to admit that the shout that I made when that thing went into my foot wasn't pleasant and I made a couple of the nurses blush with my language but I think it was allowed.

So apart from that Cairns has been really cool, spent some days diving which was amazing and then went up to the rainforest to do some adventure trekking, mountain biking and canoeing (which me and sam managed to capsize in a lake).

All is really cool though and we're flying back down to Melbourne today to get more money and allow my foot to heal properly with the help of antibiotics (which means no alcohol for two weeks).

Bugger

1 Comments:

Blogger Dunn said...

Morgan, you are biggest mincer known to man!

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter