Monday, March 12, 2007

It's just like being at home...

Well, as Sam previously mentioned I got very bored of the crackheads in St Kilda and decided to bugger off for a month or so to New Zealand.
Australia has been good to me, the sunshine, great times and great sights had left me in great spirits but something was missing. Something was stirring deep within my soul.
I wanted the weather to be miserable. Being away for quite a length of time had left me bored of the gorgeous weather and heat and wanting something like home.
Thus after a few discussions with various people I came to a stunning revelation.
New Zealand is like Wales!!!! It rains a lot, their are sheep everywhere and all the people are vastly superior to everyone else. Plus they like Rugby a lot.

It is gorgeous here though, being back out in the great outdoors is awesome. Have spent a few days in Christchurch, which reminded me a lot of Oxford or Cambridge or a vastly inferior Swansea. It was nice to be somewhere small after spending so long in Melbourne and really enjoyed it.
Since then I've moved up the coast to a place called Kaikoura where there is precisely nothing to do. The only attraction is some whales which camp out about 10 miles from the coast. So hence predictably the weather turns crap as soon as I get here and all the boats are cancelled. Crap weather, nothing to do and still lots of sheep.
I really could be in Wales.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter