Monday, April 02, 2007

The greatest aussie invention ever

Sorry we've been a bit lax about updating this but to be honest we've both been too busy in our serperate adventures. Sam set on a quest to become the new "Crawf" by lifting heavy furniture forever and I buggered off to a different country to try and catch a kiwi or two.
We both failed in those endeavours and now I'm back in Australia and I feel I have to comment on a social situation out here.

Everywhere you go, sportsgrounds, bars, shops, the government has seen fit to plaster all over everything the current drink driving campaign that is being used at the moment. I say current drink driving because I'm not sure if its anti or not.
The adverts are all well and good and highlight the endless problems that you can get into by having a swift bevvie or two and then choosing to get behind the wheel of your car and to be honest they're pretty powerful adverts. But if the government really want this message to get across then they really need to do something about a danger hidden deep beneath the surface.
The Liqour stores themselves.

Now as most of you know I like a drink or two and I'm on first name terms with most of the bar maids in my town so I apologise if this doesn't sound like me. But honestly the majority of the off licenses out here are drive throughs.
Yes, you did read that correctly. You can quite conveniently drive down to the liqour store and get tanked without ever leaving your car.
Australians frequently go on about how they are the best in the world at everything and I'll admit after nigh on 6 months it has got a bit tiresome. So from now on I think I'll just agree and then point out that only a bunch of convicts could think of something as stupid as a drive through for alcohol. Well, them or Sam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Website Counter